DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got something i cant figure out, a few weeks back i noticed the ABS light and the emergency brake lights both came on, also my speedometer wont start working untill about 10-15 MPH. i plugged in a scanner and it said it was the vehicle sensor speed ( cant remember the code ). so i picked up a new vehicle speed sensor that goes in the rear of the trans right above the crossmember. i plugged the scanner back in aand it said there were no error codes, but the lights were still on and the speedometer messed up, i also tried unplugging the battery for a bit and still nothing. i have no idea where to go from here and inspection is coming up fast, any ind of help would be awesome.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
There's another speed sensor on the axle for the wheel speed I think they both send information as far as speed to computer.

·
Banned
7,866 Posts
The Brake light and the ABS light may or may not be associated. Check the E-Brake pedal to make sure it's up all the way, check your brake fluid, try unplugging the sensor and checking the dash (on the side of the master cylinder).

My ABS light went on and I scratched my head. Then I looked under the truck and noticed moisture on the left rear tire. Wheel cyl was leaking so I did the brakes and it went away.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Changing the rear axle pinion sensor got rid of my brake warn and ABS lights, If you haven't blown any brake lines or wheel cylinders, I'd guess that changing it would fix your lights, too. it's on the top of the rear axle drivers side of the pinion shaft, on top. The right rear brake line should be clamped to it. You will need to remove the nut holding that clamp, and then the clamp and brake line, from the stud, then remove the stud, then twist the sensor back and forth while applying pressure to the sensor. It's sealed by an oring, so it doesn't come out easy. price the rear ABS sensor at several different places, the prices vary widely. I don't know about the speedo prob, I once had a car that it used to stick at zero til I was rolling along pretty good, unless I bopped the top of the dash...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts