DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 dodge ram 1500 in sport with 63,000 miles. I took it to the dealer because the truck would not start just the dash lights would come on. It would say things like service shifter and a abs. Finally after three days the dealer called and said they think it is the ABS module. Has anyone heard anything about this and is there a possible recall as the truck is relatively new. Thank you for your time I look forward to your comment

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Not sure, but here is something I found doing a google search.

Can a car run without an ABS module?

You can still drive without a functional ABS control module, as long as there's no problem with your conventional brake system. However, take extra care, especially in wet or slick conditions, as the brakes' anti-lock element won't work, and you likely won't have steering control if your tires lock up.Mar 25, 2021

I would question what they said because of the "they think" statement. Sounds like they are not sure and just throwing parts at it. Maybe take it to a different dealer or independent mechanic.

I would think the problem would be more likely with the shifter system as if it is not in neutral it will not start. Are there any codes stored? How is the battery? A low voltage battery can cause all kinds of problems.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have a 2017 dodge ram 1500 in sport with 63,000 miles. I took it to the dealer because the truck would not start just the dash lights would come on. It would say things like service shifter and a abs. Finally after three days the dealer called and said they think it is the ABS module. Has anyone heard anything about this and is there a possible recall as the truck is relatively new. Thank you for your time I look forward to your comment
Yes, some what I understand it`s not to common and from what I also understand not covered by factory warranty with a cost of about $1,000.00 repair. So be prepared. But do you have an extended warranty that may cover your costs of repair?
Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm have the same problem, 2014 Ram 1500 SL. Truck has been down for over a month now, dealer saying the ABS module has a short and is interfering with multiple module's functions. The issue is the ABS module is on factory back order. Their telling me it's looking like March before the module "could maybe" be available. Are you serous ?:(:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts