DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Long story short i googled to see if my 2008 1500 had a AC air filter because i gave someone a ride who had a dog and i didnt want dog hair up in my AC. So i wanted to change the filter.

But i guess 2008's dont have any AC filter, is this correct?

I found this,

youtube dot com/watch?v=2D7c2lI7n7M

will this work for my truck if i can find a kit for it?

·
Happy Ram - No more GM
2017 Silverado 1500 QC 4x4.
996 Posts
Geno’s garage has a fourth gen kit, but nothing for third. Try a google search for third gen cabin air filter kit.

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
But i guess 2008's dont have any AC filter, is this correct?

I found this,

youtube dot com/watch?v=2D7c2lI7n7M

will this work for my truck if i can find a kit for it?

That's a retrofit kit for a 4th gen that didn't come from the factory with it; I don't even think there's room in the 3rd gen airbox for it (I could be wrong). Only way to find out is pull the glove box and see what's there. 3rd gens never came with them from the factory.

Geno’s garage has a fourth gen kit, but nothing for third. Try a google search for third gen cabin air filter kit.
They do also have a 3rd gen kit, however...it weirdly attaches on top
https://www.genosgarage.com/product/cff-dg-19003k/cab-filters

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, thanks...

Thats a cool mod... :)

I dont see any way to put an inline filter for recirc air.

I am more worried about the recirculated air. From the pic on that website i do see the white part of the speed control solenoid and i know where that is. So it looks like with no filter the hair would collect on the cooler panel next to it. I think if i take the cover off under the glove box, i should be able to just vacuum that space out of any junk collected in there.

I will say that the pic on that website, they are very lucky they didnt have a fire because that solenoid gets very hot, i know from experience after burning my carpet being stupid...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol too funny - yes i do keep my truck interior clean but what i was wanting to do is to get any dog hair out of the system because i ran the AC when that shedding dog was in my truck (when i was giving someone a ride) and it was on recirculate. So i think any hair would be trapped either in the fan cage or in the cooler panel behind the glove box. Ill take a look on a cooler day, if that area is clean then im good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts