DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I have a 2011 sport with the auto climate control and it has become so hard on fuel I am trying to find out why and noticed that the ac compressor engages no matter what mode the climate control is on. I thought by leaving it on floor mode only that the ac would stay off. It says in the manual that the ac compressor will come on with the defrost and when the snowflake is pressed. Mine comes on in all modes no matter what I do. Seems like I will be taking my lemon back to the dealer again. Has anyone else noticed this. Does the wipers activate the ac with the headlights? Thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone could listen for their ac compressor cycling on and off in floor mode with the snowflake off it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am by no means an expert on this topic, I just leave both the temp and zone to auto and shut the ac off as soon as I start up the truck. I am not sure if it is always on, I think it just comes on if it needs to cool down the cab to maintain the selected temp.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would expect it to come on in auto mode. My problem is I don't think it should be on in manual mode on floor or panel position with no snowflake on the screen.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I notice as I walk up to my truck when I auto start I hear what sounds like the compressor clicking on. I have mine on but no ac. Never payed attention to see if it really was. I'll have to pop the hood and see

1 - 5 of 5 Posts