DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I purchased a new to me 2010 Laramie 1500 back in February. Now that summer is coming around i noticed that the AC wasnt working. I took it to the dealer to have it diagnosed, turns out the Evap core was leaking. So i pulled the dash and replaced it. Then took it to a local shop to have the AC vaccumed down and refilled with refrigerant. They said the system pulled down perfectly and showed no signs of leaking so they then filled it.

Now the system still doesnt perform very well. The fan doesnt crank out much air and its just not that cold. My wifes 06 trailblazer blows like a champ and is ice cold.

Is this just how these trucks are? Im moving to phoenix in January and would like to have my AC really working well. Anyone have any advice? I accidentally broke my recirc door today, so i will be pulling the dash again to replace that whole assembly, anything else i should do or check to get it to work better?

·
Premium Member
32,591 Posts
Fixing the recirculation door will close off the outside air, which will help keep the cab cooler.

Have you checked to see if the fan motor works in all of the speeds when you turn the blower motor switch through the different positions ?

I know that this video is about the 2013 Ram, but it will explain some things
It is likely that you have the 115VAC plug, so there is 1 more screw than what the video shows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYHfbzKAJZo

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixing the recirculation door will close off the outside air, which will help keep the cab cooler.

Have you checked to see if the fan motor works in all of the speeds when you turn the blower motor switch through the different positions ?
I think the recirc door was working properly before i broke it this morning. and yes i have made sure the fan is working properly at all speeds, thats how i broke the recirc door this morning. Was checking the fan and then decided to see if the recirc door moved when it should (it was up in the recirc mode already), i pressed the recirc button, nothing with the light on, nothing with the light off. so i tried to pull it down with my hand and thats how i broke it. Then i noticed it tries to move when i switch the HVAC system between defrost and not defrost. However, the fact that it didnt move when i was pressing the recirc buttong i guess means it wasnt functioning properly. Even so, since it was stuck in recirc mode, the AC should have been working fine, but still isnt. Ill give those videos a watch. Anyother advice??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts