DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i need some help finding out what is wrong with my 2005 Dodge Ram it has 97,000 miles and its the 5.7 hemi and it idles fine but when i start to accelerate it sputters and boggs down the it fires threw it and its fine after that it is showing a multiple cyclinder missfire and it also shows a 02 sensor high volts and i ran seafoam through the throttle hose and it fixed it at first then the next day it went back to the same thing i checked the egr valve and thats fine and all of the spark plugs and wire were just replaced the air filter was just replaced i just cant figure it out if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
just a few suggestions, fuel filter, or possible bad fuel. throw in some octane booster/ fuel system cleaner a good brand that is. and do you run 85 oct or mid grade? hemi is meant for mid grade and i even run 93 since i have a Custom tune and cam on mine. i would say check your coil packs but since it pulls through it and clears up i wouldnt think it would be that. for your code pull the negative battery cable 15 sec then run it for a few days and if it kicks the code again after youve done these things then i dont know maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey everyone i need some help finding out what is wrong with my 2005 Dodge Ram it has 97,000 miles and its the 5.7 hemi and it idles fine but when i start to accelerate it sputters and boggs down the it fires threw it and its fine after that it is showing a multiple cyclinder missfire and it also shows a 02 sensor high volts and i ran seafoam through the throttle hose and it fixed it at first then the next day it went back to the same thing i checked the egr valve and thats fine and all of the spark plugs and wire were just replaced the air filter was just replaced i just cant figure it out if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated thanks
About 2 months ago mine died a couple of times and ran rough. Retstarted OK but showed (3) codes. Cylinder misfire was one and crank sensor another. I can't remember the third. I replaced the crank sensor, reset the codes and no problems since. If you are getting backfire, that is definitely timing/spark issue. Crank sensor is cheap, and 10 minutes to replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts