DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added the Mopar Cold Air Intake and Magna Flow Muffler to my truck (before I get crap I work at a dodge dealer so I got a great deal on the CAI). Anyways I have noticed a difference in my acceleration. There is what feels like a big lag when I put the pedal to the metal unlike the instant power I had pre CAI and muffler. I talked with one of the techs in the back and he suggested we reset my computer and see if it adjusts to the new intake. I was wondering if I should just do that and also buy a Fastman Throttle Body. I want to feel the power of my hemi when I stomp on it. My truck is a 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Lonestar 2wd with the hemi. Any suggestions would be nice.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
I have a Fastman, and it helps a good amount with the throttle response. And it will take the PCM a while to adjust to the new airflow rate...don't sweat it. Keep mashing the pedal, and the truck will learn!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL I hope it learns quick! I feel like I am driving a Chevy or Ford when I stomp on it. I guess it would not hurt to reset the PCM since the tech was so willing to do so. I guess one of the benefits to working at the dealership... I dont have to put up with the stealership aspect of it hahaha.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Do the ecu reset/relearn first then move onto more mods.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Grounding out your throttle body may help reduce the lag as well as improve shifting response.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
RamTex have you done that to yours? I read some of that thread yesterday about doing it.
Well no i have not my engine is currently on an engine stand awaiting part for my 400 Stroker motor im building but i do plan on it once its all back in the truck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts