DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so i have a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport, i've owned the truck for a little over a year and everything was good. a couple of bumps in the road but thats the way of the road with any vehicle, anyways... i've been having some issues with my blend doors. I wasn't getting any heat on my passengers side, and in the -30C weather it makes the truck miserable to drive. I replaced two actuators, one behind the stereo and the other in the glove box compartment, they were both broken but it didn't fix the problem. so i did a bit of research and found out that the actuator i was looking for is behind the dash and to get to it i would have to take apart the dash, A/C and heater core. I took it to a local dodge dealership and the final bill will be around the $3500 CDN :Wow1:, now the part that really gets to me is that the dealership says i have to replace the heater control module which is ofcourse $1200, just under half the overall bill, so i was just wondering if anybody here knows if the module needs to be replaced or are they just trying to pry a bit more money out me for the sake of being a dealership. I really like the truck which says alot because i normally favour Fords. Nothing like paying $3500 for a $60 actuator. i just dont wanna get hosed on the repair job. only major problem i have had with the truck other then the transmission lines leaking right after i get them replaced, but that another story. i would appreciate any input on this. thanks

·
Super Moderator
34,705 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Sounds a bit pricey to me, but yes, all that work is necessary to access the right side temp actuator on the dual zone system. I am also in agreement that it is probably only the right temp actuator. You may want to check a few shops and see if you can get a better price. I know Ford has one actuator in their system that is difficult to get to also, almost as dificult to get to as the Ram.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWCjuXxBhlY&list=PLM_FgFcXdM5otFEcZHIN5hamPS3w8pcxR&index=26

1 - 3 of 3 Posts