DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I totally forgot to take more "during" pictures, but oh well

I have them located in the foot wells, above the visors, dome light, and then under the doors to shine on the ground.

They come on when the door opens, or when the doors are closed and I spin the little wheel switch thingamajig.

Keep in mind that all the pictures of the LEDS on are all during the brightest part of the day. I'll have some night pictures up when it gets dark.

Started with the dome light, since this was the place that all the wires came too.

next was the foot wells and the doors, then I connected those wires together, along with the visor wires, which were brought down the front pillars.

Visor LEDs on a piece of wood to get facing outword and allow the visors to have som espace between the roof.

This was the prettiest i could get the wires from the door to inside to look with the short amount of wire.

overall

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
green is great.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got pulled over the other night for too much green....

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I've been pulled over for the green license plate lights. But never for the inside green

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah he didn't like that you could see my tubes inside (now removed)

My luck i didnt have my license, proof of insurance, AND my registration.... hahaha

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
yeah he didn't like that you could see my tubes inside (now removed)

My luck i didnt have my license, proof of insurance, AND my registration.... hahaha
Ouch... Yea you can't have the tubes visible here too... Just design something up so that it covers it from being a visible tube but allows for it to still shine.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ouch... Yea you can't have the tubes visible here too... Just design something up so that it covers it from being a visible tube but allows for it to still shine.
according to this cop, Green in itself is illeagle.. But ive asked about 59sh other cops what they thought and they all said green was fine.

And i just took them out, and added these new ones. hahaha

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
according to this cop, Green in itself is illeagle.. But ive asked about 59sh other cops what they thought and they all said green was fine.

And i just took them out, and added these new ones. hahaha
Never heard of green being illigel.. I know underglow of any colour is a ticket up here.. But I thought it was any colour other then red/blue were all right. Try challenging it?
Looks good. Ill be looking to do something similar, just red, and not quite as much ;)
Red can be a big no no especially if on while driving.. police don't like it.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
I don't know about Wisconsin, but here it Texas, any red except your tails and brakes will guarantee you a counseling session with a LEO.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yepp, Which is why I've always stuck to green. I'll admit, As of now it is quite a bit of green. AND before the tubes inside were in direct view of everything, which is why they're now gone.

But.. Green though? Illegal? That's new in my book

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Never heard of green being illigel.. I know underglow of any colour is a ticket up here.. But I thought it was any colour other then red/blue were all right. Try challenging it?
I'm not going to bother, I didn't even get a warning. And for not having any of the paperwork that I should have had in the truck, I'd say i got pretty lucky!

But if it happens again, and I DO have everything required by law, AND I end up with a hefty ticket, THEN i will proceed down to the courthouse.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well I don't plan to have the red on while driving, at least not visible. You have to be sneaky and keep it dim/under the windows. I have blue in my semi, maybe I'll just do that lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts