DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the itch for leather in my 2019 truck after seeing so many nice Laramies on here...went with the Katzkin because I heard such great things.

I think it turned out pretty darn good. Take a look. Got Black/Perforation/Silver Stitch

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,245 Posts
Looks great! I believe Katzkin makes the OEM leather for the 4th gens and I'd assume the 5th gens as well. Those are on the to-do list for my Big Horn as well. What a big improvement in the look of the interior. :smileup:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Looks pretty awesome. How hard was it to do and if U do n ot mind, how many $$$$$$$ .....

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks pretty awesome. How hard was it to do and if U do n ot mind, how many $$$$$$$ .....

Thanks
I am not very skilled with leather, so I bought the Kit on eBay and found a local Dallas Katzkin retailer to do the install. $600 for the Kit and $450 for the install.

$1050 all in. Somewhat pricey, but it feels like a Denali in there now...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Looks nice and I think that's money well spent!! Some local dealerships will send theirs to a local guy who installs them for the dealership and then just put that actual price into the vehicle.

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,642 Posts

Damn you fancy!

Make sure you pick up some 303 aerospace protectant so they don't crack over time from sliding your rear end in.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Looks nice and a great upgrade to a Big Horn. My custom two tone red and black has held up great, I had some cracking on one seat panel and the padded arm rest but Katzkin came through and warrantied it and replaced for free.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks good. This will probably be my next upgrade after I do my cat back exhaust, unless they release the mopar air intake first.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
That would be like not going to your surgeon to do a heart by-pass...lol
Not something most people should attempt doing...lol
Actually its not as hard as you think. Plenty of YouTube videos on it, but the reality is its easier than it used to be....there are hog rings involved, but not nearly as many as old school. Lots of plastic clips to hold the seat covers to the frame.

I actually re-covered the seats from a 1967 Mustang. While not the easiest thing in the world, it was more time consuming than anything else.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Yeah its a reupholster, not an engine rebuild

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Yeah not something i want to even get into...lol,
i`ll just leave the re-upholstering to the young whipper snappers, as that dosen`t require a whole lots of brains...lol
I`ll stick with building race engines...THANKS...!!!!!...lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts