DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to install the chrome mirror covers, door handle covers and tailgate cover today. I'm pretty happy with the outcome, I think the truck looks better this way. I also got my OEM billet grill on order and it should be here this week :smileup:

By bdm218 at 2011-12-17

By bdm218 at 2011-12-17

By bdm218 at 2011-12-17

By bdm218 at 2011-12-17

By bdm218 at 2011-12-17

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looks good, matches up well with the chrome badging. Personally, I got the Outdoorsman specifically for the lack of chrome.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Looks great, nice touch!

·
Registered
134 Posts
BDM, where'd you get the mirror covers from, and how easy was the install?

I've been thinking about doing this myself. My Laramie is SUPPOSED to have chrome mirrors, but it was built with the wider chrome towing version. I don't tow much, and nothing very wide. Plus, the wider mirrors would've caused me a lot of grief getting in and out of the garage.

My dealer only had a couple Laramies on the lot at the time, and BOTH had the towing ones. My only option was to have them swap mine for a black pair off of a Big Horn. They look good, but the truck lost a little of its "Laramie" look.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wish you would have said something! I have chrome door handles and I hate them. My truck has 186 miles on it and I would have traded you straight up. Im trying to get rid of the chrome lol. Wanna sell me your black door handles?

·
Registered
307 Posts
BDM218: would you mind sending us a more closeup shot of the mirror side of the exterior mirrors? I want to see how the chrome wraps around the edges (if it does at all). I do like what I see!

Darin

·
Registered
754 Posts
WOW ... We have matching trucks.. I have the 20" wheel package on mine. Does your's have the back up camera? I think I like to look.. really liked the all back with the black paint but now you have me thinking... looked long and hard for mine.. yours is the only other one i have seen.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Herc - I bought the mirror covers from Autotrucktoys, they take 20 seconds to install. Pretty nice fit and they are held on with 3M tape. Here is the link (hope it's ok to post links here, if not, sorry) http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ram/Putco-Dodge-Ram-Chrome-Side-Mirror-Covers-PRD28606.aspx

lewisb - I am all set now, but thanks! :)

dkerr - I will certainly take some closer pics if you don't mind waiting until this weekend. I go to work and come home in the dark, so I don't see much daylight this time of year.

wvcoolvinlla - I do have the back-up camera, I was told when I bought mine this past Feb. that it was the only Outdoorsman in CT with the camera. I have only seen one other Outdoorsman, and that was about 2 months ago. That's one of the appealing pluses of this model, I never see them. I will admit I hate the sticker on the bed, but I've been hesitant to remove it. I also liked the all black look when I bought it, but it looked a little lower end imho which it certainly isn't, but I feel the chrome dresses it up a bit.

I love this truck and aside from a random rattle in my dash and in my headliner, I have nothing but great things to say about this truck. I previously had a 03 F150 Lariat Crew and it was decent, but after owning this, I will never go back to Ford.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts