DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a 2012 Ram 3500 ST with the basic features. I have added a RHB 430N radio that has navigation and Sirius. Everything works great so I wanted to add the backup camera to this, I have ordered the factory kit and I new that the truck would have to be flashed for this to work so I contacted my local dealer about this and have learned that since this truck has the EGR removed and has been flashed with a tuner that it is real risky to attempt to reflash to add the radio.. Has anyone else ran into this and have any suggestion on a fix for this. I really wanted the OEM backup camera system but don't want to risk damaging my truck .These mods where done before I purchased the truck and The programmer used was a Reaper brand if that helps. Thanks for any help in this matter.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If you have a tuner your truck been flashed with, take your truck to the dealer, re-flash it to return it back to stock, flash the radio update, then flash it again with your tuner to get your delete settings back in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did something similar. Bought a 430, changed it out, worked good. Wanted a camera but didn't want to pay the price for the Dodge kit. Went to ebay, bought the license plate frame ($50) with the 3 radar sensors plus led lighting for night viewing. Then had to buy the video adapter for the 430 nav unit. Over paid for that $29, after getting it and seeing exactly what it was, could have bought the $6 one. Then you have to get the radio flashed. Didn't want to pay the dealer $100 - $200, so bought the OBD cord and the computer program for the truck ($90) for both. That way I can get into the system and program so many things. Works great just like factory.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I would really like to know the manufacturer and parts names for the video adapter and what software did you use to flash the radio?

·
Registered
19 Posts
flash site How to Use it – Appcar DiagFCA – diagnostic tool
cable for computer OBDII Scan Tools for iOS, Android & Windows Smartphones, Tablets & PC
chrysler video cable for my gig nav units For Jeep Wrangler Reversing Backup Camera Video Adapter Cable Wire for OEM Radio | eBay

this video cable is $14, I have seen some for $6, I paid $26 + shipping. When I saw it I kicked myself for not getting the cheaper one.
I understand you can get the laptop/computer cable from other places, maybe cheaper, but they are supposed to not work as good.
So you end up paying $49 + $39 + $14 ( or less if you look on ebay) for about $100. with that program you can change a lot of things on your vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts