DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning all,

I am considering adding the factory rear dvd to my 2011 laramie. How expensive should this be and what does the install consist of? I want to use all factory stuff so it looks like the truck came with it. Does the radio need to be replaced also? I have the navigation and backup camera. Any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I believe the mopar rear dvd player is an all-in-one unit. Meaning the screen flips down and the dvd player is built in to it. I think the sound comes from wireless headphones. I'm sure a dealership would be expensive to install. What about best buy or other audio/video store near you.

I see they have headrest monitors as well which again looks like wireless headphones.

Personally, i was looking at the headrest monitors and going with the lockpick so i can use the headunit as the dvd player and the sound would come from the speakers in the truck...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Good Morning all,

I am considering adding the factory rear dvd to my 2011 laramie. How expensive should this be and what does the install consist of? I want to use all factory stuff so it looks like the truck came with it. Does the radio need to be replaced also? I have the navigation and backup camera. Any info is greatly appreciated.
http://www.headrestvideo.com/vsheadrests/aud7pkgdvd.html

Try these guys. They are not factory but I would suggest this is a nicer setup. If you get a lockpick or mygig you can run it through that system. This setup will allow you to play DVD's from the front system, and both kids can watch the same thing as is on the front or each screen has an individual DVD player and the kids can watch separate movies.

For the price you get the entire headrest, from what I have read colors match rather well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My local stereo installer that I have done work with (remote starters, stereos, speakers) for years happened to have an Audiovox license in addition to his other lines of product. He had to special order them and he installed them and also warranties his work. I guess I lucked out...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I need to fine an authorized audiovox person around me and order those one;s on Ebay.....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found a local guy that can install headrest DVD players. However they do not use Audiovox. They use Myron and Davis. Not sure if he is just telling me Audiovox are not as good because he doesnt sell Audiovox but thats what he told me. The cost is 1599.00 installed for the headrest DVD units that can each play a different DVD. So I think its two DVD players. Or I could go with 2 headrests and 1 player for 1399.00 Gonna have to think long and hard on this one.....I also have a call in to my Dodge Dealer to see what they come up with. I would rather have Dodge install it for the warrantylllll

1 - 8 of 8 Posts