DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Sport. I am looking to add rear park sense to the vehicle. I found a local auto wrecker that has a rear bumper with sensors that i'd like to swap out with mine. I was wondering if anyone know if the wiring for the sensors is already run through the truck body or are there additional parts that i might need? My Ram has the Park Assist Camera already with the 8.4A Uconnect.

I know that i will also have to pick up the sensor on/off button for the front dash and also have the dealer update the software on the EVIC to 'turn on' the system.

I don't want to go with an aftermarket system, prefer the OEM look/integration.

Thanks for any insight or help.

J

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Hi, and thanks for joining the RamforumZ. I encourage you to stop by the Newbie Checkin section and introduce yourself so other members and give you a proper how-do-ya-do.

I'm sure you can do it, but it'll be pricey. And I don't think it is wired for the Park Sense.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm sure you can do it, but it'll be pricey. And I don't think it is wired for the Park Sense.
It is going to be very expensive. Probably on the order of $1500.00 just for the parts. The sensors go for about $300.00 each and then add the harness, module and sensor bezels it all adds up quick.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 also with backup cam and sorry I did not get the parking sensor system. I am also looking for some sort of aftermarket system but just started and will continue, have not found something yet that I like. Keep us posted and I'll do the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.