DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brand new 2013 sport, has the leather bucket seats, with the heat option. It didn't come with the factory ventilated seat option but, I would like to add it in.

Since it's just the installation of 2 fans, and 2 switches, I was wondering if anyone had an idea if the correct wiring harness would already be under the seat for the ventilation option?

Any info is appreciated!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm only guessing, but if you have the factory heated seats, I would think all the wiring for the seat coolers should be there too. I added them to my 2010, all the wiring was there. You are aware that the ventilated covers are different, with the holes in them to pass the air?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm only guessing, but if you have the factory heated seats, I would think all the wiring for the seat coolers should be there too. I added them to my 2010, all the wiring was there. You are aware that the ventilated covers are different, with the holes in them to pass the air?
Did you replace the covers too?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The leather bucket seats I have, seem to have some sort of mesh in the middle of them. I was guesstimating that this is the same seat used for the ventilated seats, since they're not solid leather across the seat/seatback.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I have the fake leather with the cloth/mesh inserts. Could I add the ventilated seat option? Do I need to add the heated AND ventilated option? Do I need the real leather seats?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts