DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here.

Looking at getting my first truck and really want the new Ram. I’m tall (6’6”) so the right fit is really important. While in Dallas I sat in a 2019 Big Horn/Lonestar and was super disappointed on how close to me the gas pedal was and the angle it put my foot at. It seemed unnecessarily close for the size of the truck. My friends Ford fits way better.

I ran across a description that some or all of the new Rams get power adjustable pedals? I have no idea if this would help me but it sounds like it would.

Does anyone know what trims get the pedals? I can’t find any info about them for the 2019s.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Lvl 1 and 2 Equipment group on Rebel

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for Lvl 1 and 2 info! Now let’s just hope those pedals had some room left to extend.

...And I did have the seat all the way back and everything else exhausted as much as possible.

I’ll head back to dealer to check pedals.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I'm 6'8" and I sat in a 2019 Ram and it does have a little more leg room then my 2014. One thing to keep in mind is that when you sit higher, and the Ram does have one of the higher seating positions of any truck, you don't have to extend your legs as far as if you driving a sports car with the seat on the floor.

·
Super Moderator
34,225 Posts
I have always been able to adjust the seat height and distance to accommodate my arms and legs, so I've never seen the need for adjustable pedals. I'm (5'8") not super tall though, so it sounds like you are just trying to get the seat and pedals as far from each other as possible. My knees are about 3" from the dash when I'm driving

·
Registered
143 Posts
Foot angle, it gets extremely painful for some people after a while. I can't stand pedals that make me raise my foot a lot to move from the gas to brakes after a few hours. Cramps up for me.
x2 I can't drive a Durango for long periods of time due to this. I was happy to see adjustable pedals being an option on Big Horns. I don't want all of the extra features that will eventually break.

·
Super Moderator
34,225 Posts
x2 I can't drive a Durango for long periods of time due to this. I was happy to see adjustable pedals being an option on Big Horns. I don't want all of the extra features that will eventually break.
I prefer cloth so its the highest trim I'd buy.

Same reason my Durango is a base model, only the SXT has cloth

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went to dealer today and test drove a new one. Everything felt perfect. Now I just have to decide what color and options...

I guess the one i sat in in Dallas last week had the pedal adjusted too far back. Today everything fit just right.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm 6'6" and have had a 2014 Ram Longhorn for 4 years - taken many long trips and never suffered from short eg room. The 2019 Ram Limited has even more driver/passenger leg room. The adjustable pedals are great for when there are 2 drivers. My wife is shorter and she has the pedals automatically raise to her preferred height when she unlocks the door with her #2 key fob. When I get in they go back to my setting. Great.

·
Registered
406 Posts
To the OP,

The adjustable pedals on serve a purpose if you want them closer, the default position of non-adjustable pedals is all the way forward.

If you need more lg room than offered in the 5TH Gen Ram you will have to buy a GM or Ford truck, they both have about 3" more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just an FYI, particularly if buying a used 2019 Ram with adjustable brake pedals - there is a current hardware Safety Recall from Ram on the brake pedal in that it can come loose/dislodge pending the retrofit of corrective gear! Just had mine fixed yesterday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts