DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck doesn't seem to shift all the way into park and have to move to neutral to start it most times.
I found the shift linkage rod but am unsure how exactly to adjust it and which way to move the adjusting swivel.

Any help would be helpful and greatly appreciated, kind of sucks having to use the parking brake all the time in fear of the truck rolling away.

46re transmission
1999 Ram 1500 4x4 5.2L

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
May actually be loose where it attaches to the transmission. I've had that happen before. Check that before you start adjusting stuff.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May actually be loose where it attaches to the transmission. I've had that happen before. Check that before you start adjusting stuff.

I'm actually working this very angle, I'm told that it's held on with a pinch bolt. I'm going to try to tighten it when I get some free time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If the linkage is good on the trans, there is a small plastic adjustment screw that attaches to a cable on the bottom of the steering column. It runs from the column to the dash panel gear indicator. Try adjusting that little by little to see if fixes the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts