DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Would you like to see such an adventure?

• rather no, Russia is far away and we are not a friend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, this is boring

• To hell with Ford, Dodge ahead to adventure

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I plan to purchase RAM 1500, but in Russia they are not sold. In this regard, to implement the plan, I must fly to the United States, choose a car and come back with it.
In this connection, the question arises: is it interesting to you to look at this adventure?
In this journey I have to overcome more than 7000 miles across Russia from east to west. Go where the roads have the same direction. Overcome impassability. And also the big cities and small settlements where never and did not see such cars.
all this I will spread on YouTube.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Can't you find one in Europe? I have a friend that came from Russia that actually transports new Rams and Jeeps to the dealers in the US. He told me that a lot of Rams and Jeeps get exported. I've been to the Eimskip terminal in Portland, Maine, saw a lot of new Rams, Jeeps and Ford F150's, all going to Rotterdam. A friend of mine in The Netherlands drives a "tuned" Cummins Ram. You might also check Sweden. Of course, if you can turn it into a nice vacation in the US... GOOD LUCK in your quest!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the question is, what I do not want from Europe, I want a vacation in the US and a really interesting trip, in Europe I've often been, and in the US I've never

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Can't you find one in Europe? I have a friend that came from Russia that actually transports new Rams and Jeeps to the dealers in the US. He told me that a lot of Rams and Jeeps get exported. I've been to the Eimskip terminal in Portland, Maine, saw a lot of new Rams, Jeeps and Ford F150's, all going to Rotterdam. A friend of mine in The Netherlands drives a "tuned" Cummins Ram. You might also check Sweden. Of course, if you can turn it into a nice vacation in the US... GOOD LUCK in your quest!

FCA doesn't support a dealer network many places outside the US, but there are importers who bring Rams into Germany, The Netherlands, and Norway to name a few. In those countries a 5.7L engine is considered very big so on top of the cost to buy and import the truck, the buyers usually have to shell out a pretty penny in taxes and fees. Vehicles are a luxury rather than a necessity to people in many places in Europe.

I think it'd be a cool documentary OP

·
Registered
708 Posts
I know many of the hemi Rams in EU run CNG conversions. Rams also qualify as "commercial vehicles" in some countries, saving a lot of road tax. Question, do you have the ultra low sulphur diesel in Russia? If you buy a new EcoDiesel or Cummins, must run 15 ppm sulphur diesel or lower. Older Cummins would be ok. Check out buying in Hew Hampshire, no sales tax!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know many of the hemi Rams in EU run CNG conversions. Rams also qualify as "commercial vehicles" in some countries, saving a lot of road tax. Question, do you have the ultra low sulphur diesel in Russia? If you buy a new EcoDiesel or Cummins, must run 15 ppm sulphur diesel or lower. Older Cummins would be ok. Check out buying in Hew Hampshire, no sales tax!
thanks, this is very important information for me, I would not know about it. We have a sales tax equal throughout the country.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
I often find better programming on YouTube than I do on my television. So, I would certainly check it out. I think that a lot of people don't understand how much time and editing goes in to making a quality film, though. Good luck and let us know if you proceed with this endeavor. VOTED.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
There are many, actually semi-official importers for RAM in Europe.
They are all original and offer all the in house conversion to LPG/CNG. Almost all imported RAM's - even Chargers and Challengers- are converted, due to high gas prices there. With LPG, the vehicles can be driven to the same cost as standard European vehicles, as the prices for LPG are similar with the gas prices in the US.
On big problem is, nobody makes a business to exchange money. They all want to make some money off of it and that's totally legit.
From this point of view, you would actually save the dealer margin, if you buy the truck in the US and combine it with a vacation.
The question is- and there you might have to do some research- how high are the import taxes from the EU to Russia and how high from the US to Russia. I do believe, there is a difference due to some sanctions and it can make a few 1000 $$$ difference.
I would check all options- maybe the savings would pay for some extra vacation in the US- regardless, where you get your truck from? At the end- they all come from here, because they're not built anywhere else in the world.
I also know- there are many RAM drivers in Russia- and all over Europe- did you check, if there is a Russian RAM or Chrysler- Forum? I'm pretty sure, there is. You might get some very valuable information from there, maybe from guys like you, who done it already?
When it comes to money, at the end, it's about, where I pay the least amount for the same product. Nobody will pay for emotional value.
Good luck and I love to see, that there are some guys left in the left-oriented old part of the world, who love the good old big stuff.

Good luck.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Also, diesel in Europe can be close to what we or Canada pays. My friend in the Netherlands drives a modded 5.9 Cummins with a Bully Dog Tuner. Says it does fine keeping up on the Autobahn in Germany. Hope the OP posts again......

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,608 Posts
Remember, anything is possible with CA$H... :smileup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts