DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 Ram Daytona with 287,000 miles. I want to put a new motor and transmission in it and keep driving it everyday. It's burning oil and doesn't perform like it used to. It's ticking...it stinks...it's time for an upgrade. I want to get a complete pull out of a 2013 to 2016 ram as the replacement. I've found a decent deal on a 2015 model that comes with the computers and everything. Has right as 40,000 on it. I'm going to call around for the next few days about installation prices. I'm not really sure what I'm getting into here as far as putting a newer engine in an older truck. Some advice would be more than appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
34,390 Posts
I have a 05 Ram Daytona with 287,000 miles. I want to put a new motor and transmission in it and keep driving it everyday. It's burning oil and doesn't perform like it used to. It's ticking...it stinks...it's time for an upgrade. I want to get a complete pull out of a 2013 to 2016 ram as the replacement. I've found a decent deal on a 2015 model that comes with the computers and everything. Has right as 40,000 on it. I'm going to call around for the next few days about installation prices. I'm not really sure what I'm getting into here as far as putting a newer engine in an older truck. Some advice would be more than appreciated. Thanks.
Hit up HemiLonestar, he knows all about this stuff

·
Premium Member
32,614 Posts
I would place both engines side by side on a bench or the ground
then loosen the sensors & intake manifolds on both engines
put the old sensors on the newer engine, if they look different in any way
If the different holes all line up, put the old complete manifold on the newe r engine

now you should not have to change out any of the old engines computers

that is how a friend upgraded his 2003 Dodge Ram engine with a 2009 Jeep engine

on changing the transmissions, i don't have a clue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts