DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited a highly recommended muffler shop that sells Magnaflow, Flowmaster, and Aero mufflers. I asked about the Magnaflow 12280 but the guy tried to steer me to an Aero 156. He said it's made of better steel, is cheaper, but sounds just as good. When I asked for specs about the Aero, he ripped a label off a box and gave it to me. It didn't have a manufacturer name on it. He said they get them from a place in Utah. FWIW, the barcode is 896380000156 and it's 8" x 5" x 18" (24" overall").

I've tried to find information about the Aero online but all I've found is for the Aero Turbine which is different. I'm not one to get caught up in product hype so I don't mind getting a non-name if it's a better product.

Has anyone heard of the Aero 156 muffler? Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I havent heard of it. How much cheaper is it? Matt at Moe's has Mags for just over $100, so for a couple buck savings, it might not be worth not having piece of mind. I will be ordering a Mag tru-x DI/DO 2.5" muffler real soon.

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
I have never heard of the Aero 156, doesn't mean it is not a good brand however whatever muffler you are looking for from Magnaflow we can get you the best pricing around guaranteed! PM me and I will respond with a quote as we can not make some of our prices public.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
The Aero muffler company is also the same as the Aero turbine 3030 you see a few guys run. The model 156 is one of their models that is quieter than the 3030.. Do a search on jonesexhaust and you'll find pics of it..

·
Registered
300 Posts
I run the Aero 3030XL and love it. It's a 3" straight thru muffler. It's only slightly louder than stock under normal driving, but sounds great when you lay into it. I also like the Magnaflow mufflers and Borla XS series. You can't go wrong with any of them. I'd go on youtube and search for sounds of different ones and pick the one that sounds the best to you. Good luck

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
lol..I love your sense of sound... I have a friend who has it installed in his qc... bein use to mine we went to run an errand in his...I could barely here myself think...it sounds great, a much better loud muffler than a flow, but loud nonetheless...but probably cuz I'm much older now and my loud sensitivity is different from you younguns :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
351 Posts
The Aero Turbine is made from thin gauge stainless steel. It has better flow than any other system out there. I will let you know how they sound soon. I have ordered two for my Hemi, and will have them installed next week. I am going with a true dual setup, from the headers down and back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts