DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you want an inexpensive, very steady, removable towing mirror do a Google search for "Tow n See " trailer tow mirrors. I've been using these for a few years now. They mount on your existing mirror glass with a strong suction cup and a safety strap. Very little to no shake while driving. I have a flat mirror on drivers side and a convex on passenger side. Best removable tow mirrors I have ever used and I have been trailering for 30 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's surprisingly difficult to find info on this sort of thing on the web...but after some long and hard searching, I went with Grand Aero Towing Mirrors by Milenco. They're pricey- $165 (CAD) for the set I went with from a local RV place. They had a couple cheaper models- the $135 set wasn't much different.

They use rubber clamps rather than the suction cup that most out there do. I'm sure the suction cups work fine, but they make me nervous so I wasn't too interested in those. Haven't had mine on the highway yet but I'm pretty impressed with the overall quality, don't think there will be any issues.

As for the looks...any add-on mirrors are pretty fugly, in my opinion, but I don't mind these ones at all in comparison to most I've seen.

The other option is to buy a set of after-markets, but they're not real cheap. The lowest price I could find was about $525 online after shipping. And, for me at least, there's always the worry that if something were wrong with the item it's a potential headache trying to deal with a retailer located hundreds of miles away...and possibly getting stuck with expensive return shipping. So I went with the clamp-on's and had enough left over for a new generator for the camping season, and a couple cases of beer. :smileup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
It's surprisingly difficult to find info on this sort of thing on the web...but after some long and hard searching, I went with Grand Aero Towing Mirrors by Milenco. They're pricey- $165 (CAD) for the set I went with from a local RV place. They had a couple cheaper models- the $135 set wasn't much different.

They use rubber clamps rather than the suction cup that most out there do. I'm sure the suction cups work fine, but they make me nervous so I wasn't too interested in those. Haven't had mine on the highway yet but I'm pretty impressed with the overall quality, don't think there will be any issues.

As for the looks...any add-on mirrors are pretty fugly, in my opinion, but I don't mind these ones at all in comparison to most I've seen.
:smileup: QUOTE]

I saw a set of these on a Toureg this past weekend. They look well made. Went to their website and the only seem to be available in UK. Where did you get them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts