DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post. I've been checking out this forum since i bought my truck in December of 2011. I've gotten alot of great information from checking out this site. The ideas I've gotten so far have cost me alot of money but, I'm lovong it!
My problem is, I want to install an aftermarket backup camera because the OEM camera in the handle is rendered useless if you have to back up with the tailgate down.
The license plate mount type tend to stick out too much for my tastes also. (I know, I'm being picky). I did see a picture online somewhere of a red Dakota that had a bullet style flush mount camera opposite the trailer plugs (on right of rear license plate) that looked very unobtrusive. I'm not opposed to drilling a hole in my bumber if it works well. My only concern is glare from the license plate lights when backing up at night. Does anyone have a mount like that? How well do you like that setup? Also any pictures would be great!

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Welcome to the RamforumZ

Sorry, i can't help with the backup camera
There is a couple companies, ALLGIG & MYGIG that makes an adapter that gives you the ability to do several things, including the use of more than one camera
That may be your best solution

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome

I'm familiar with the lockpick. That is what I plan to install along with the 730N RHR in order to make the aftermarket camera work.
What I'm looking for is best placement of the backup camera. As stated in my first post, I like the idea of drilling a hole in the bumper just to the right of the license plate and installing a flush-mount camera. However, I'm concerned the lights that illuminate the plate may impede the cameras functionality at night by causing a glare. I was hoping for advice or confirmation on whether or not this is a good place to install a camera.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts