DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have already been covered but I thought I would share my experience. I have been looking through the threads trying to decide if I should pay the extra to get the integrated brake controller for my 2012 Ram. The one I picked from the lot did not have it. I did not concern myself with it at first since I already had a brand new controller I purchased last summer. Of course now I'm thinking it would be nice to be clean and not have a controller down by my feet. I read a lot of posts concerning having the proper connectors, getting the computer flashed by the dealer, etc. I do believe I have 2 connectors under the steering column but I would still have to dish out 250-300+ for the factory unit and bezel.

So, I decided I would try installing the aftermarket unit in the factory bezel. I found the instructions on how to remove the bezel and simply cut out a hole in the top with an xacto (be careful) so my brake controller will fit. Not as nice as the factory unit but it will not be in the way down by my feet. I just need to get the wiring adapter plug and secure the controller in place with the bracket that came with it and I'm all set.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ironsides, do you know if the wiring harness is included in this kit?

Thanks again. I will probably order one today. At least it didn't take me too long to fab up my aftermarket unit. Not too much time wasted.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ironsides, do you know if the wiring harness is included in this kit?

Thanks again. I will probably order one today. At least it didn't take me too long to fab up my aftermarket unit. Not too much time wasted.
The kit is just the controller and the bezel. You shouldn't need any type of harness if you have both plugs under the dash, though. They should just plug right in.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the 2 pigtails. I plugged it in already and it powers up fine. Apparently I need to get the ECU flashed so it will show messages on the EVIC display. I don't know what it will actually display but that is what I've read.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts