DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new 2017 Ram 2500 owner here. I just bought a tradesman with the 6th seat up front. I was wondering if anyone has seen an aftermarket basket/console that sits on the floor between the 6th seat and the front dash. I'm looking for more organization to junk I typically have within reach.

I could always swap to a center console but they seem hard to find and not sure about color matches to the grey tradesman interior.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

·
Registered
467 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Where's the rest of it? Only seems to show the top part.
@17TradeOffRoad I know it says through 2012, but may work for your jump seat if it's similar enough: Amazon.com: NEW 2003-12 DODGE RAM CENTER CONSOLE CUPHOLDER, BLACK, ADD-ON, 1500/2500/3500: Automotive
Adding a console is easy enough, but to look right you'll need all the bracketry (for the floor and dash) and connector pieces to mate with he dash. Lots of them on ebay.
I was not really looking much- it's just- that it's findable. I would also check at Rockauto, as they have almost everything also as OEM parts. And as Forum Member, you get a discount.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey guys, new 2017 Ram 2500 owner here. I just bought a tradesman with the 6th seat up front. I was wondering if anyone has seen an aftermarket basket/console that sits on the floor between the 6th seat and the front dash. I'm looking for more organization to junk I typically have within reach.

I could always swap to a center console but they seem hard to find and not sure about color matches to the grey tradesman interior.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
Had great success on Ebay. Guy in Texas has a line of consoles in great shape.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The old-type removable "center consoles" I think you're talking about are banned because they become a "projectile" in a wreck if not bolted down. Swapping out to an OEM type is about the only right way to do this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The old-type removable "center consoles" I think you're talking about are banned because they become a "projectile" in a wreck if not bolted down. Swapping out to an OEM type is about the only right way to do this.
I used oem on my 2018 Ram 1500 Bighorn. Bought it on ebay as this company only sells oem. You may have to buy the 2 mounting brackets. If you need the part numbers, let me know. You can email me at [email protected].

1 - 9 of 9 Posts