DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm on my second round (204,000mi) of replacing broken exhaust manifold bolts, and I'd really like this to be my last time. First time (98,000mi) I had them replaced with factory bolts, but I'm reaching out to see if anyone has done the job with aftermarket bolts that have held up?

Thanks in advance,
HJ

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Have you had the manifold surface planed? They should have enough heat cycles through them to where they won't deform anymore

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you had the manifold surface planed? They should have enough heat cycles through them to where they won't deform anymore

No I haven't. Is everyone having good luck with that? I would think that unless it's machined at operating temperature, the surface would still warp as the metals heat up?

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I haven't had it happen, but I have read people claiming that planing prevented it from happening again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went through two rounds of broken manifold bolts and so I figured the second time I was going to have to do this I opted to install shorty headers and used their bolts that came with it and I have not had any issues so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts