DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering which replacement performance muffler would best suit my needs. Have the hemi with Big Horn package(dualexhaust) . Considering Flowmaster or Magnaflow. Here is my concern, want a little more bark at idle and on acceleration , but DO NOT want that teeth rattling ressonance when cruising on the highway. Little cautious about 50 series Flowmaster, maybe 70 series would be better or which Magnaflow might work. Had a Gibson dual set up on my F-150 and it was perfect, but they don't make much or anything for the Ram. Any reccomendations would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Got a Magnaflow 14" Xl series on mine, left the factory dual tail pipes. You hear a little rumble @ idle, highway speeds you can easliy talk to each other. WOT you know its there!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I've got the 24" maggy it's a touch louder at idle. And has a nice growl while accelerating. WOT sounds great. Running at 70 cannot hear it at all. Towing in tow haul mode. It's
A bit louder than stock. Here's the difference. Before when towing I heard the motor. Now I hear a little exhaust. but not bad. The people sitting in the backseat. Say it is not annoying at all.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like Magnaflow is the preferred brand over Flowmaster, at least for the Ram.:smileup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts