DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new here on the forum, I was helping my dad install aftermarket LED Halo Projector Headlights on his 2015 Ram. We used the lights and quick splicers that came with the lights on passenger side the company said we just need to wire the positive and negative wires to the parking light harness which we did and the parking light worked but no hazards/blinkers or headlights worked, so he spliced the driver side and tried without the quick splicer but still no lights worked, are we putting the correct wires to the correct wire on the parking light harness which is the top harness correct that's black and red (he has quad lights) and the other harness is black and purple which is lighting the blinker light but won't blink? When in the truck to test the light it says right/left turn signal bulb out are we suppose to wire into the blinker harness (black and purple)? Any Help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
Which company sold you the LED Halo Projector Headlights

·
Registered
530 Posts
Careful with any after market headlight modification. I once had a Mustang I added an HID after market kit on. Had a minor electrical fire under hood that screwed up my paint before it went out. Contacted insurance company and they would not cover since it was not factory.

·
Registered
242 Posts
2015 rams are very picky with the canbus system. It may not be a problem with your wiring it may just be the truck won't run the lights.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Are you getting hyper flash? Were any wires connected to the signal circuit? From my understanding you've only tapped into the parking light circuit...which explains why the signals and hazards do not work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The lights didn't hyper flash since they didn't work and they company said to wire the positive and negative wires to the parking light harness but no lights worked so we are returning them for a full refund

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I looked at retro shop he has great lights but my dad doesn't want to spend that much on lights but I'm trying to convince him.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Yeah I looked at retro shop he has great lights but my dad doesn't want to spend that much on lights but I'm trying to convince him.
You should try to convince him that the light output of aftermarket ebay lights are wires then OEM lights. Like OP said if you want better lights you should get some retrofit HID projector lights from retroshop or just make some yourself. It's not as hard as one would think

·
Super Moderator
34,650 Posts
You should try to convince him that the light output of aftermarket ebay lights are worse then OEM lights. Like OP said if you want better lights you should get some retrofit HID projector lights from retroshop or just make some yourself. It's not as hard as one would think
Agreed. OEM lights are better than cheap aftermarkets. Run those until you can save up for quality replacements

·
Registered
6 Posts
when you switch the car's oem halogen bulbs to led bulbs, sometimes the car's internal circuit system does not get used to this sudden change, not to mention led bulbs tend to draw less power than normal bulbs as well, so you may be getting some power issue in your vehicle. The solution I know would be to try installing decoders that adjust power going from the car to the bulbs, but getting the right type of (i.e. working) decoders may be tricky. I don't think we are allowed to post links to online stores/their item, or else I can direct you to a specific option.

·
Super Moderator
34,650 Posts
when you switch the car's oem halogen bulbs to led bulbs, sometimes the car's internal circuit system does not get used to this sudden change, not to mention led bulbs tend to draw less power than normal bulbs as well, so you may be getting some power issue in your vehicle. The solution I know would be to try installing decoders that adjust power going from the car to the bulbs, but getting the right type of (i.e. working) decoders may be tricky. I don't think we are allowed to post links to online stores/their item, or else I can direct you to a specific option.
Even if you do get LEDs to work they will offer worse lighting than the stock halogens

·
Registered
6 Posts
Even if you do get LEDs to work they will offer worse lighting than the stock halogens
I think that would depend on the seller and their product. I know some led headlights that put out good brightness but unfortunately we are not allow to advertise in posts, if I recall the rules correctly.

·
Super Moderator
34,650 Posts
I think that would depend on the seller and their product. I know some led headlights that put out good brightness but unfortunately we are not allow to advertise in posts, if I recall the rules correctly.
Pretty much all LED Headlight bulb replacements consist of diodes mounted on a plastic stick with a generic base that fits whatever type of bulb application it is supposed to replace. Actual LED headlights need a set of lenses like Acuras or the high end new F150s have. Vehicle headlight assemblies are designed to focus light in certain areas but not shine in certain other areas so as to avoid blinding oncoming drivers; a reflector housing designed for LEDs will not focus light properly which will a) cause hazardous glare for oncoming drivers like if you had your highbeams on and b) look really bright up close but in reality not shine as far as stock halogens which are dimmer. Most LEDs are also a bluer hue which causes the light to scatter more

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

:doh:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had one of my TYC headlights stop working, but it wasn't the light. It was the adaptor kit that I bought from the retro shop that shorted out.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I had one of my TYC headlights stop working, but it wasn't the light. It was the adaptor kit that I bought from the retro shop that shorted out.
I had an issue with one of mine as well. It was from salt so not really his fault but I guess it could have been sealed a little tighter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts