DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to the forum here, been lurking for quite some time! I've looked around thinking there would be a sticky thread with a title such as "post your aftermarket headlights" lol. I've had my 2010 ram 1500 for a few months and really want to upgrade the headlights for a better look and get rid of the terrible old weathered 9 year old headlights. There are many I like and styles and I just worry after reading comments people leave on almost every aftermarket headlight option saying stuff like "poor quality" or "do not buy these they leak" and so on. So what headlights did you choose and why? How have they held up? Pictures? Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
38 Posts
My advice, in your described situation, would be to purchase new stock housings, and then upgrade the lamps to high quality LEDs.
Then, please, spend the time and effort to adjust their aim.
For my 2014, the Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0s were the ticket to make the stock really shine.
Sorry, I do not have any pics. I tried Spyder projector housings (coming from my quads) for a while; I enjoyed the black look in the daytime, but they did not enhance the light output. Eventually I had a moisture problem, then a lamp out problem, then I just put the stock housings back in and upgraded the lamps.
Wishing you the best!

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Morimoto headlights were the best idea I have had for my truck in a while. Brighter, cleaner looking and have good looking DRL's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where did you buy these? I bought some aftermarket headlights for my 2019 RAM 1500 Classic, but the harness didn’t fit. Are yours plug and play?

·
Registered
27 Posts
That truck looks friggin badass. Same color and stance as mine. What headlights are those? Also is that a rebel grill painted to match? I havent seen a rebel grill that will fit. Thanks
Lol, thank you brother.
Link for headlights
For 2009-2018 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 Black LED DRL Dual Projector Headlights | eBay

Link for grill
Grille Grill for Dodge Ram 1500 2013-2018 Mesh Grille Rebel Style Front Bumper | eBay

Yes, I had the grill and my bug deflector (on hood) color matched to the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, thank you brother.
Link for headlights
For 2009-2018 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 Black LED DRL Dual Projector Headlights | eBay

Link for grill
Grille Grill for Dodge Ram 1500 2013-2018 Mesh Grille Rebel Style Front Bumper | eBay

Yes, I had the grill and my bug deflector (on hood) color matched to the truck.
So I have a 2010, and all the links for the rebel grill are like the one you posted which they state 2013-18, so will in not fit mine? Here is the link to the identical headlights you have that I have had my eyes on for a while but just hesitant to pull the trigger
AlphaRex Black For 09-18 Ram 1500/10-18 Ram 2500/3500 DRL/Signal LED Dual Projector Headlights https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VKB3TPD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_EuMiEb9DSWM51

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got any front end pics?
So I have a 2010, and all the links for the rebel grill are like the one you posted which they state 2013-18, so will in not fit mine? Here is the link to the identical headlights you have that I have had my eyes on for a while but just hesitant to pull the trigger
AlphaRex Black For 09-18 Ram 1500/10-18 Ram 2500/3500 DRL/Signal LED Dual Projector Headlights https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VKB3TPD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_EuMiEb9DSWM51
Got any front end pics???

·
Registered
27 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Off topic of my original post, but I'm also exploring options of led taillights but fear having to deal with the "brake light out" message etc I have seen people deal with. With all the types of resistors out there etc, how do I go about this?
[Q="Skynetsentme, post: 2218803, member: 176958"]
This is the one thatll fit your truck.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
27 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts