DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought aftermarket LED taillights from eBay and when I installed them they work find but when I open any of my doors the taillights flicker. Is this normal? I never had this happen to any of my other vehicles, this is the only time it's happen, just wondering if this is normal? I got 7 days to see if I need to return them, any suggestions?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Check the connections, pretty basic but you never know. Also, did you need to install a resistor or was it built in?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has a built in resistor in them. I'm gonna check the connections again. When I hook them up I hook them up with the wires matching right? Like the black wire connect with the other black wire?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Checked them again and they still flicker when my door opens but it's only the passenger side that blinks once then after awhile it stops. They still work correctly though, it's just when I open any door. I'm not sure if I should worry or not, or just to deal with it.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
my LED taillight bulbs to do this too. I dont really worry about it. I also noticed when using my key fob to unlock my truck my pass side blinks before my drivers side

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So SS4LUCK should I worry about it or not because like I said before other then opening my door and my passenger side blinks they work correctly. This must be a common thing on Dodges then.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Im not worried about mine. Been doing ti for almost 6 months and nothing has burst into flames yet lol

·
Registered
355 Posts
At least they are LED so you don't have to worry about them surging and burning out. It likely has something to do with the ground if its when the doors are opened.

·
Registered
307 Posts
It's probably due to the fact that the LED's need far less power to emit light than the old bulbs. I put LED's in my cargo light and they come on very dimly when I open my doors. There must be just enough current in the circuit to light them up.

I wouldn't send them back for that.

Darin

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok thanks everyone, I appreciate the info. I'm happy with mine so I'm not gonna worry about them or take them back. I'll keep them, they look really good on my truck to :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not sure what brand it is but I got the black housing LED taillights, they match really good with my euro black housing headlights I just installed. My truck looks more badass and mean lol :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts