DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help..up graded my speakers per Crutchfield's recommendation and the sound is good but lost some volume . I would like to upgrade to Nav. unit from my 5.0 uconnect. Any suggestions ??

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
Crutchfield has the best after market recommendations

Just get a Bluetooth, Navigation, AM/FM/CD Player with Satellite if you want it

Just pull the 5.0 radio out, cut the bar that holds it in, then install a Double Din radio of your choice

The only thing is that you may lose your steering wheel controls

Call METRA to make sure that the part numbers are correct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0CoeIQ4Zbs

By the way, where he put the microphone, it can't be used unless the window is closed, it would pick up the wind noise
If you were to slide it around to a spot closer to the windshield, it would not pick up the wind noise
Personally, i would put it where the overhead console & the roof liner press together, somewhere about 12 - 15" above & in front of your right ear.
That way, there will be no chance of wind noise & it won't pick up the Climate Control Fan noise either, yet it is close enough to your mouth that you won't have to shout

·
Registered
218 Posts
Check out the Pioneer AVIC-6000NEX. I just put one in my truck and I love it! It has nav, traffic, full iPod support, bluetooth/hands free, satellite, HD radio, camera and can connect to the iPhone so you can use the apps on the phone through the screen. I am happy with the 6000 but the 8000 has a bigger screen if you need massive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts