DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello I am building my 2011 Ram 1500 first I have a longhorn package in a sport body all black with every option but the tool box's,6 inch pro comp lift Fuel rims 18 inch,Nitto mud grappler, I blacked out all the badging including the bar type grill only seen in chrome(might change to the honey comb).Now I am looking to black out tail lights,3rd brake light and want to do headlights.Thinking about the VHT paint on the tail lights and 3rd brake lights and maybe baking the headlights or HIDs for the headlights if I can find the right ones at a decent $$.I did the Duplicolor shadow paint on the decals and grill and it turned out good still have to do my tailpipes(waiting for the weather to change).Also looking into getting rid of that cheep looking silver/gray dash trim,any suggestions would be great,will post pics soon of my progress.The small picture in the corner is just the lift and tires.Please feel free to comment on my progress and ideas

·
Registered
355 Posts
There are numerous dash kits out there to cover up the dash pieces with almost any color you like, look up some of the carbon fiber dash kit install threads to get an idea of what they include. I would recommend the VHT first as it is your cheapest option and will give you a good feel for how you want it to look. If the lights aren't bright enough for you while being the appropriate color get in some CLEAR led lights and VHT them as this will give you the best "black" look (smoke isn't dark enough and red will give it that reddish hue). As for the head lights checkout DODGERT's pics and look up the "retro-fit" projector mod.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts