DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, you can tell by the way I use my truck I'd kinda like it to stay aligned...

But it doesn't.

2015 4wd 1500 with the Mopar lift (Bilsteins at 2.8")

I live in the desert and drive dirt roads but I'm not a BAJA RACE DUDE GUY! and don't drive fast enough to drift or catch air.. but this truck just won't stay aligned. Right now after a trip through Escalante N.M. in Utah my steering wheel is 20 degrees to the right and I have to take my truck in for alignment again; thankfully I paid for a 3 year contract at Big O but they're going to get tired of me pretty soon.

What gives, am I the only person having trouble keeping these trucks aligned? :4-dontknow:

·
Banned
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why did you not take it to the dealer for warranty work?
It's lifted. Truck wasn't bought lifted. I did use a Mopar lift but installed it myself and then had Big O Tires align it after...

I fully expect that if I go see a dealer about this they'll tell me it's not covered due to modification.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
It's lifted. Truck wasn't bought lifted. I did use a Mopar lift but installed it myself and then had Big O Tires align it after...

I fully expect that if I go see a dealer about this they'll tell me it's not covered due to modification.
I see. I would ask Big O tires why it keeps getting out of alignment. Seems like they might not know what they are doing. Is it really out of alignment or is just the steering wheel off? If you do not get a good explanation from them maybe take it some place else and ask for your money back because they can't fix it correctly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
man i had the same problem with my truck after i lifted it. every time i made a full lock turn, the steering wheel would be cocked. i brought it to firestone like 3 times before i started re tracing my steps when installing the lift. It ended up being that the lower control arm cross member bolts weren't torqued enough. the zone lift instructions say to torque them to some ridiculously high number. something like close to 200ft/lbs. but, after i tightened those 4 bolts, all the alignment issues went away for me. hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
264 Posts
alignment

take it to jacks alignment 29th and Thomas ask for Joel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts