DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had front and rear seats pulled out to install new carpet in my '03 2500 Q-Cab. The carpet installer put the seats back in and quietly delivered the truck to me. As I drove home, I discovered the airbag light was on. I went back to talk to him. He said, "...ohhh yeahhhhh, I wanted to talk to you about that" (hmmmm, ya think?) Well, he says it has to be cleared with someone with some sort of doo-dad device and he didn't have it. He said any Dodge dealer can do it in a second. Well, the two dealers I went to did a quick look-see under the seats and said the wires appear to all be plugged in...I would have to leave the vehicle with them all day so they can trouble shoot it. I don't have faith in the dealer but at this point I have no idea what could have triggered the light. The installer said something under the seat sensed a seat movement so it triggered the light as if there had been a collision. I don't buy that either...anybody out there with any ideas?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might try disconnecting the battery for 20-30 min to reset all the sensors
Thanks for the reply...I tried disconnecting the battery but that didn't reset it...I just found another response to my thread suggesting I should double check all the connections under the seat again...I'll do that tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts