DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have been having an on going issue with the air bag warning light and indication splash in my gauge cluster. I am almost positive I have narrowed the problem down to one of the harnesses under the passenger side front seat. Whenever I mess with all of them by simply pushing the wires back into the plugs with some force and turning the truck off/on I can reset the code. Sometimes the fix will last a few days, others a few weeks, once 6 months. But it keeps coming back, and that fix seems to always work. I am fairly certain it is a loose wire somewhere. The wife wants me to just wrap everything up in electric tape and call it a day. Does anyone have any idea which harness or specific pin/wire could be causing this, theres 3 plugs under the seat and I just mess with all of them until it goes away.

Thanks for any input.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I think I may have seen a TSB for this or something similar. I can't recall the details though

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Why don't you pull the seat and take a close look at the wiring under it? Could be just a wire coming out of the connector or something else that is a simple fix, but you have to get to the wiring first. Pull the seat.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
A TSB isn't a recall because it only applies to affected vehicles. You still don't pay to have it done

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,454 Posts
The yellow connector is for the airbag system. Unplug the connector and check for corrosion, dirt or loose wire going into the connector. Clean as needed then reconnect the plug.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Air bag service warning

I have the exact thing going on in mine. If i give the front of the passenger seat a hard wack the light goes off, so ya, some weight related sensor i'm thinkin.

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,454 Posts
This has happened alot to me also. Does this mean that the airbag won't work when needed
Possibly yes. If the connection is bad at the moment of impact the bag won't deploy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, I've had this issue going on as well. I know there is a TSB for it, but when I had my truck in a couple of weeks ago to have 2 recalls complied with, they said they would fix it for $220. He also said no parts or labor were involved?...……. Kind of wonder what it is exactly that's wrong with the harness, sensor, plug connection, whatever it is exactly. My other question is, if it's air bag system related, how is there not a recall for it? One of the recalls they were working on was the rollover sensor one which is airbag system related. Your airbags are kind of important so how can one issue be severe enough to warrant a recall but the other is only worthy of a TSB and you get charged for the repair?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know this is an old post, but since it was mine, i thought i would update that i did have this fixed by a dealer. Cost about 350, i got a new "squid" or "squib" maybe it was, and a new seat coushin for the back rest. I recently sold the truck, but never had the issue return.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old post, but since it was mine, i thought i would update that i did have this fixed by a dealer. Cost about 350, i got a new "squid" or "squib" maybe it was, and a new seat coushin for the back rest. I recently sold the truck, but never had the issue return.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
I have been having an on going issue with the air bag warning light and indication splash in my gauge cluster. I am almost positive I have narrowed the problem down to one of the harnesses under the passenger side front seat. Whenever I mess with all of them by simply pushing the wires back into the plugs with some force and turning the truck off/on I can reset the code. Sometimes the fix will last a few days, others a few weeks, once 6 months. But it keeps coming back, and that fix seems to always work. I am fairly certain it is a loose wire somewhere. The wife wants me to just wrap everything up in electric tape and call it a day. Does anyone have any idea which harness or specific pin/wire could be causing this, theres 3 plugs under the seat and I just mess with all of them until it goes away.

Thanks for any input.
Hi, I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago and it was the wiring harness under the passenger seat. The used car dealer fixed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts