DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4" superlift. the rear end is way to soft. with a load in the truck the rear end drops at least three inches. when I push down on the bumper the suspension will cycle about three times before it stops. Horrible ride on hwy during bumps in a curve or accelerating while passing. truck rocks violently side to side. My question is since the superlift 4" lift springs are not up to the task, what are my options? Do any other manufacturers make stiffer rear coils than the superlift. Finally after searching many threads I can't find an answer about air bagging lifted coils. I cant find a company that makes spacers and I don't understand how the bags could work if they are shorter than the coil spring?

·
Registered
90 Posts
The shorter airbag is placed inside the coil spring and when inflated enough it puts pressure against the coil and stiffens it up. The shop told me that this way, eventually causes damage to the airbag by being constantly pinched and being rubbed on the coil spring. I have a 6" lift with the similar situation. The shop removed the rear rubber bump stops next to the coil springs. That is where they located the airlift airbags on new custom welded brackets. This way there not inside the coil and less likely to be damaged.

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so I installed the airlift 100 bags into my lifted truck. centered them in the coil set them at 15psi and they work great. really firmed up the rear end. I would suggest not running the lines together because when you corner the air from one bag will transfer to the other and vice versa. I ran them independently for this reason with the hellwig sway bar and adjustable end links the rear end is firmly planted huge difference. Side note- I tried to install hellwig front sway bar but wont work with superlift 4" kit because front endlinks were relocated as part of install. hoping superlift r&d will step up and make a custom sway bar for their lift kits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts