DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter found my truck on fire this morning. I just got home and found it was caused by a decomposing hood liner! I was wondering if anyone else has seen this? I opened the hood and the air cleaner lid was melted and the hood liner was burned through as if it was smoldering a while.

While one might think this was electrical or heat related, it wasn't! The truck had a flat and has not been started in two months and the truck battery is still connected and starts right up! No electrical wires in the area that would have caused it.

Being a firefighter, I have seen many fires start with decomposing and or polymerizing materials, but this is a first!

Would love to hear some feedback!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Sounds a friend's hayfield. He had about a 100 hay bales spontaneously combust. That cost him some $$$.

How bad was the damage to the truck? I suppose you weren't lucky enough that the paint on the hood was OK?

I have a 2500 that I bought used. The base model didn't come with the hood liner. I was actualy thinking I might add one... until about 2 minutes ago.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top