DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello RamzPeople,

My air con is leaking so I'm trying to replace each part in turn to isolate the leakage.
I've replaced the 2 lines from the accumulator to the compressor and from the compressor to the condenser (suction & discharge lines).
I've also replaced the accumulator.

But I'm having trouble finding the correct part / part number for the 'liquid line' that runs from the condenser to the evaporator.

Dodge say it's 55056935AC, but their image shows a line of very different shape to mine.
If I put that part number into Rock Auto, it also shows me the same incorrect shaped line.

These 2 sources show a line that connects to the condenser at the lower left side (i.e. driver's side), it then travels along the bottom edge of the condenser before coming up the right side, giving access to a Schrader valve, then going off behind the air box and 2nd battery before emerging and flowing through the firewall and on to the evaporator.

My condenser's lines both connect on the upper right side (i.e. passenger side), about a third of the way down, this line in particular then turns 90 degrees and runs up several inches at which point it has a Schrader valve, then bends back down and runs off behind the airbox and 2nd battery, etc.

I cannot find anything that resembles my line anywhere.

Dodge say the image they have may have been superceded by a new part that may well be the correct shape for my truck, so it may still be right even though the image is wrong.

But at C$217 (C$170 via Rock Auto), it's too steep a price to gamble with on the hope it might fit..!

Can anyone shed any light on this subject, or better still, have the correct part number for the line on my truck?
Or even a contact from where I may source said part?

Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks.
Regards,
DT

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I would almost bet it is not a line, but the a/cond/heating core under the dash. I had one go bad on a 1990 Ram van that I had. How long does it take for the system to leak down? A good air condition shop will have a sniffer that can detect the leak, and tell you right where it is, so you are not throwing money at it needlessly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
An arcon shop checked it out and concluded that this liquid line indeed is the issue! It's blocked, so I really do need to find the correct part.

Does anyone know why the part diagram given by Dodge shows a liquid line of a totally different shape / length to my truck?

The diagram is attached.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts