DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my AC averages 50 degrees. Then out of the blue it will run 45. Then 50, and all without touching anything. Just changes every cycle. So back in the day in the diesel community, folks were pinching off their heater hose to keep the heater core from getting 200 plus degrees in the heater box and the temp got a few degrees cooler. Are our heater cores up to full heat continuously?? Just curious. I'm not touching anything until the warranty is out and will take it in, waste a day off only to hear its normal. That's all I ever hear.....Hemi tick = normal, AC on last truck = normal, oil filter housing seeping = normal :4-dontknow:

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
IIRC the spec for AC on full blast with recirc on is 41 degrees out the vent

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was having a similar issue with my A/C it just would not seem to blow cold enough on hot days, and if in any kind of traffic it was worse. For me the fix was swapping to an electric fan (tune required) and with that I was able to get around 41 degrees out of the vents with re-circulation on in the Texas heat in stop and go traffic. I know you mentioned you weren't looking to change anything until the warranty was up but this solution worked best for me. Best of luck

·
Registered
103 Posts
Air filter dirty?

Has the cabin air filter been changed if your model has one? If it's dirty it will restrict the air flow and potentially cause the coil to ice up.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I changed my cabin filter a couple nights ago and it does seem cooler now. You'll be surprised the crap that the filter catches-mosquitos, feathers, dirt...

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I changed my cabin filter a couple nights ago and it does seem cooler now. You'll be surprised the crap that the filter catches-mosquitos, feathers, dirt...
Tpony, how often are you changing your cabin filter.
What brand cabin filter do you use.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Tpony, how often are you changing your cabin filter.
What brand cabin filter do you use.
Once a year, at the end of July or beginning of August.

I use the Wix activated carbon ones

1 - 9 of 9 Posts