DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 1500 with the 5.7 hemi and want to get get a cold air intake. I don't know which one to get so i was hoping which ones you guys are running and which ones you prefer

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Funny was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure how to say it. Bluntly works best I agree!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
A lot of guys like the vararam intake. However, if you live in area where you get many snow days, be aware, more than a few have had a problem with the vararam filling up with blowing snow.

S&B cold air intake is probably the overall general consensus as being best, in all conditions. I want one, myself but came across this thread, while researching cold air intakes and could not be happier with teh results.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=63174

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the Vararam. Took all of 20 minutes to install. Love it so far. Had no problems in the Blizzard last weekend I just unbolted the flap that goes behind the grill, took all of 2 minutes to unbolt.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
For the cost, I'm happy with what Ram gave me. I didn't notice a difference on any of the previous vehicles I installed CAI's on so... I recommend putting the $200 towards a tuner. With that said, I like the looks of the vararam setup.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
For the cost, I'm happy with what Ram gave me. I didn't notice a difference on any of the previous vehicles I installed CAI's on so... I recommend putting the $200 towards a tuner. With that said, I like the looks of the vararam setup.
Are you going to change your name or what. LOL:LOL:

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts
I'm a bit dense :thk:and didn't find the option in my user settings.
Uh oh, bubba's back on the warpath:LOL:

TBH I don't think you can. There are a few members here whose names imply they still drive a truck they've replaced-not worth starting a new account and not having all the permissions, and reputation you've earned, plus nobody would know who you are.

OP, your stock intake can already feed your Hemi more cold air than it can use, even with the paper filter that filters better than a K&N drop in. If you want to see a restrictive intake, look at a Titan's air box.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not sure if you are still looking for input, but I run an S&B intake and I love it. Looks good, sounds good, no chance of getting the filter dirty if you're offroad (Unless you're doing some real crazy stuff) and not a bad price for what you receive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts