DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be on here some where but searching the part number I couldn't find it. I am looking to see if anyone has use a Air Lift 1000HD kit. The 1000 kit has 1000# of capacity and the HD one has 2100# of capacity. I would rather go with the larger one just to be safe than sorry. Off of Amazon the 1000 is only 90 bucks and the HD is 140 bucks, I thought not to bad and it looks like a decent install. I am towing a hybrid camper with a max weight of 6500#. I have an equalizer hitch and still get sag so I was looking to just take some of the sag out not increase the capacity of the truck because I am still way under the capacity it can handle. What I have works well but it can be improved. I know there is much more expensive systems out there. Has anyone used the HD kit and how does it work?

https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/60818hd/

Attachments

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
I've used the airlift 1000's and I was greatly disappointed with them. I then tried some tuftruck springs and I am happy with those. So my advice is forget the airbags that go inside the springs, like the 1000's, and go with new springs or an airbag system that mounts to the axle housing and truck frame.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
I have used the regular 1000's for years with great success. I prefer bags to springs because I off road trail a lot and don't want the harsher ride when I don't need it. My trailer is the exact weight as yours. The regular 1000's will work excellent for you.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
i just ordered the airlift 5000...but for a 2500. they install outside of the springs where the 1000 install inside. the spring shop im dealing with said they found the 100 can rub when running low pressure and puncture the bag. just a thought.

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
i just ordered the airlift 5000...but for a 2500. they install outside of the springs where the 1000 install inside. the spring shop im dealing with said they found the 100 can rub when running low pressure and puncture the bag. just a thought.
If going with an air bag I think the 5000's would be a much better choice than the 1000's. The 1000's go inside the coil and inflated before the suspension is loaded. They try to restrict the coil from compressing. The 5000's go outside the springs and actually do the lifting. Two different ways of using airbags.The 1000's are inexpensive and in my opinion not very effective or worth the money.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
They are very effective and totally worth the money. It just depends on the application. The 1000's are ideal for his light weight trailer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts