DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the BDS air suspension lift on their truck . I haven't seen any reviews on this setup . I talked with two quality shops in my area and both tell me the ride won't change much if any .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Air Suspension lift

Okay I pulled the trigger and the lift will be installed 4/10/17 along with the lift I'll be getting 20in Cali Offroad Americana's with 35in Toyo R/T's and Amp running boards. all for the low price of 6500. I'll put up some before and after pics. Once it's all done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jason

You heard right it took over a month to get my truck right. There were several issue that came up . Burnt up a actuator a compresser a sensor and the trucks main computer. However the shop I used stuck with it till the end and made things right and didn't charge a dime for all the issues that came up. I might be the only person that has a air ride that is lifted that works how it should. As soon as I can I'll load some pictures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just did mine two weeks ago in my driveway, took about three days.Didnt have a problem but waiting on some wheel spacers because I thought my wheels were 9" wide but was 8.5. The ride is just the same, goes up and down like it should. I got scared after I got done because there was codes and alarms going off,my steering wheel was off center so the alinement fixed that and they went away. I will post pictures after I get tires on this weekend

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been super busy the last year or so and haven't been able to check out the forum much but pic's will be posted soon . Truck is doing great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am glad you're having luck with yours. I have a 2014 Limited and the BDS lift on air suspension. I have had it for a couple of years now and have had nothing but trouble. It keeps losing air and I have had lines and valves replaced with no success. The best I can get it to do is not be on its bumpers after 24 hours. If I run it everyday the compressor pumps it up and its fine but after 24 hour its all the way on bumpers.

In my case the ride changed significantly over time. With air suspension you can't swap out new shocks with different compression and rebound characteristics. You're stuck and the ride is always sort of bouncing you around and not in a truck way, but more like a big ole sedan. When I hit bumps the wheels sort of bounce like a basket ball. I forgot to mention I am running 35"s. I just don't think the suspension is made to handle that kind of rotational mass. I love my truck other that the air suspension and curse the day I ordered it. To that end, I am trading it for one with springs and shocks. The thing that sucks is I can't get a 2019 limited without air suspension so I'll load up a Laramie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts