DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am getting ready to buy a new 2021 Ram Laramie 1500. What is the verdict on air suspension on these trucks. Any issues or concerns that I should be aware of. Had them on a Buick Rainier and they were smooth as silk with no problems.

·
Registered
2014 Longhorn, crewcab, shortbed. Black with gold accents.
25 Posts
Lots of people are very disenchanted with it. I have it on my 2014 Longhorn and have had no trouble until now. I'm scheduled to go in to the dealer next week. I may cancel and try to fix it myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I am getting ready to buy a new 2021 Ram Laramie 1500. What is the verdict on air suspension on these trucks. Any issues or concerns that I should be aware of. Had them on a Buick Rainier and they were smooth as silk with no problems.
Don’t get the air suspension if you are going to pull a trailer with an equalizer hitch the air suspension and the equalizer hitch fight each other

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don’t get the air suspension if you are going to pull a trailer with an equalizer hitch the air suspension and the equalizer hitch fight each other
I disagree here. The air suspension has been great for towing. You do have to do more work to get the weight distribution hitch set right with the air suspension but once you get it is good. I tow a 6000 pound RV for what it is worth. Ended up configuring the hitch to put more weight to the front than normal with the suspension off and then when I turn the suspension on and the truck levels it is about right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts