DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I have a 2013 Ram 1500 Sport and I live in Alaska. As many of you may have found with your own trucks, the stupid air suspension Ram created is not a friend of the cold. I’m posting because I am sick and tired of these issues and want to get rid of it for good, but having done other custom work to the truck I want to keep it. So does anyone have suggestions for an Air to Coil Conversion kit I can buy? I’m not worried about the warning lights or any of that, I just want a truck that works. Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
3 Posts
I own an 03' E500 non 4MATIC and I have replaced all four struts myself. I used a company called Arnott for the replacements. They use refurbished OEM air springs and they offer a lifetime warranty on them. They costed me around $405 shipped for the rears, $490 shipped for the fronts. I forgot how much you get back for the core charge, it's been quite a while.
Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all,
I have a 2013 Ram 1500 Sport and I live in Alaska. As many of you may have found with your own trucks, the stupid air suspension Ram created is not a friend of the cold. I’m posting because I am sick and tired of these issues and want to get rid of it for good, but having done other custom work to the truck I want to keep it. So does anyone have suggestions for an Air to Coil Conversion kit I can buy? I’m not worried about the warning lights or any of that, I just want a truck that works. Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks in advance. View attachment 130785
By now you may have gotten answers to your question , but yes it works great when you convert to shocks and springs I did it with my 2013 ram 1500 laramie . I have no error lights either Cost me under a thousand dollars with out labour cost because I did it my self . very happy I make the change .

·
Registered
5 Posts
By now you may have gotten answers to your question , but yes it works great when you convert to shocks and springs I did it with my 2013 ram 1500 laramie . I have no error lights either Cost me under a thousand dollars with out labour cost because I did it my self . very happy I make the change .
I'm looking to do the same to my 2013 Laramie can you tell me what shocks and spri gd you used please?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im about to do my 2015 Laramie 4wd Echo.

I need to keep the stock height so going with Bilsteins. You will need a reader like the Alphaodb to cancel the Air and pull out 2 fuses that relate to the Air suspension this should cancel the error warnings. (use google or youtube for better instructions) I'm in Canada so when the Temp falls around freezing i get the sagging started with driver front. when it hit -25C and lower the truck sits on all the bump stops (which it is now for the last 2 months !) if you check airdelete.com (Saskatchewan) they have a COMPLETE kit which means you dont have to do any parts guessing, and they have the Complete assembled front strut as long as you tell them what height you want and then its set preassembled. The only way to change the height is to take it out and apart. Another company in Canada is TDot performance that you can piece the parts together. Fox Shox also has struts and shocks etc that will fit. Fox has a complete front Strut Assembly and you can adjust height with a wrench even after they are installed.
But check airdelete.com (have 3 versions of the complete kit) and tdotperformance.com sites in the US partsengine.com (but I think the parts are not instock). I know in the US there are a lot of other places. Im checking around to see if I can save any money buy getting the parts cheaper then the complete kit from airdelete.com. Another option would be to find someone local who is removing their stock suspension parts because they are going to a lift kit.

Ram 1500 Laramie Echo 4wd.
Front Bilstein 47-242548 B8 6112 Series NEED to ASSEMBLE and have a spring compressor , and need top mount and possibly the spring isolator.

Rear Bilstein 24-187374 5100 or the 4600 (no number) shock
Bilstein Springs 36-286539 B12 Rear Coil will need Spring isolator
but please do more checking. I hope these are correct numbers if anyone else has any comments please reply or add.

No Air in Canada

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also don't know if I need bump stops ? If any one who has converted and knows please let me know if I need to put in different bump stops

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im about to do my 2015 Laramie 4wd Echo.

I need to keep the stock height so going with Bilsteins. You will need a reader like the Alphaodb to cancel the Air and pull out 2 fuses that relate to the Air suspension this should cancel the error warnings. (use google or youtube for better instructions) I'm in Canada so when the Temp falls around freezing i get the sagging started with driver front. when it hit -25C and lower the truck sits on all the bump stops (which it is now for the last 2 months !) if you check airdelete.com (Saskatchewan) they have a COMPLETE kit which means you dont have to do any parts guessing, and they have the Complete assembled front strut as long as you tell them what height you want and then its set preassembled. The only way to change the height is to take it out and apart. Another company in Canada is TDot performance that you can piece the parts together. Fox Shox also has struts and shocks etc that will fit. Fox has a complete front Strut Assembly and you can adjust height with a wrench even after they are installed.
But check airdelete.com (have 3 versions of the complete kit) and tdotperformance.com sites in the US partsengine.com (but I think the parts are not instock). I know in the US there are a lot of other places. Im checking around to see if I can save any money buy getting the parts cheaper then the complete kit from airdelete.com. Another option would be to find someone local who is removing their stock suspension parts because they are going to a lift kit.

Ram 1500 Laramie Echo 4wd.
Front Bilstein 47-242548 B8 6112 Series NEED to ASSEMBLE and have a spring compressor , and need top mount and possibly the spring isolator.

Rear Bilstein 24-187374 5100 or the 4600 (no number) shock
Bilstein Springs 36-286539 B12 Rear Coil will need Spring isolator
but please do more checking. I hope these are correct numbers if anyone else has any comments please reply or add.

No Air in Canada
found a complete bolt in ready kit from Monroe down in the US for little over 600 dollars comes with everything needed front strut assembly already together

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes you are correct, the Monroe 90028C1,C2 and C3 (about $1100 cdn) sold out here in Canada and Partsengine. But was wanting to upgrade to Bilsteins. I'm trying to find the exact parts list so that I can piece a kit together. Don't want to miss anything. Was even thinking of doing the Fox 2.0 up front. (Because they are Complete and adjustable) and Bilsteins in the rear. It's the small pieces I don't know if I'm missing. Bump stops, upper mounts, spring insulators, etc. I'm thinking I could save about $400 buying the pieces, but with all the time I'm doing research I should just buy one of the kits from Airdelete.com ($1,800 or $2,000 cdn)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts