DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I installed my leather seats over the weekend and when I started it up on Monday the red airbag light came on. When I started the install I disconnected the battery and made sure residual power was gone. I rechecked all my connections and everything is solid. I'm not sure what else to do. Any help is appreciated. Oh and it's a 2014 ram 1500 express 5.7 6speed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Seriously any help :) I would take it to the dealership but they won't even touch it because of all my aftermarket equipment and they're not really competent to say the least.

·
Registered
415 Posts
My buddy with a 2004 GTO had a similar problem, he just had his seats taken out to swap to a manual transmission. But upon putting the same seats back in the airbag light was on.

We were able to fix it by buying some crazy harness that plugged into a laptop and connected to the OBDII port. The guy who made the harness also wrote some custom command line program to reset the airbag light and make some other modifications to the gauge cluster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts