DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new 13 1500 sport 2 days ago and on a recent drive the airbag service light came on and beeped a few times. About 5 minutes later it beeped a few more times and then went off. This happened twice on a 2 hour drive. Anyone have this happen before? I'll of course be calling the dealer tomorrow but just curious.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Picked up my new 13 1500 sport 2 days ago and on a recent drive the airbag service light came on and beeped a few times. About 5 minutes later it beeped a few more times and then went off. This happened twice on a 2 hour drive. Anyone have this happen before? I'll of course be calling the dealer tomorrow but just curious.
Where there any other issues when the light came on? For example, did the truck lower, did the service light indicate what exactly was wrong, like an over heated compressor? I assume your talking about the air suspension?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where there any other issues when the light came on? For example, did the truck lower, did the service light indicate what exactly was wrong, like an over heated compressor? I assume your talking about the air suspension?
Sorry, talking cabin airbags. Happened once on the highway and another time when stopping at a light. Nothing happened when driving around today, guess ill keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Sorry, talking cabin airbags. Happened once on the highway and another time when stopping at a light. Nothing happened when driving around today, guess ill keep an eye on it.
Airbag service lights calls for some action-take it in and let dealer check it out. Even though you have no light now indicating service, you probably have a code the dealership can review...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mine did the same thing today but never turned itself off. I'm dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow so I hope it gets taken care of.

·
Registered
296 Posts
So my dealer reflashed the computer, but the light remained on. They checked the code and have ordered a new airbag module sensor. However it is 5-7 days out. Supposedly on back order so this must be a little more common. I hate being without my truck!

·
Registered
288 Posts
had the same problem ... when i took it to the dealer they found when they were putting in the fuses in the fuse box one of the legs was bent and was making contact on and off tripping the sensor therefore giving you the light on the dash.... if i was you i would check the airbag fuse.... i also have a 13 ram.... i was super pissed ... 2-3 days later damn light came on as soon as you hit a few bumps.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Good to know. I need to find another service department. The guys locally don't seem to know what they are doing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had same problem

I bought my truck about a month ago and encountered the same problem only a couple days after i bought it. Air Bag light would come on and off. Checked the fuses and it turned out they were loose. I would check your fuses if i were you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys hit the nail on the head with the lose fuse. Probably has something to do with that weird holder. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fuse Issue

Hey Guys,

I have a 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 and the stupid "Service Airbag Message" has been driving me crazy since right after I got the truck. It is totally sporadic and even the dealer has been stumped saying they thought it was a loose wire on the drivers seat. I just saw your post and went out to check my fuses and the airbag fuses in that weird yellow holder were loose! they seem to be barely pressed into position. When I pushed on them they dropped noticeably into the correct position. Fingers crossed it worked!!!

Thanks for posting guys!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had this same problem. Service airbag system would randomly come on and go off. Mine ended up being a loose connector under the passenger seat for the seat side airbags. Hasnt happened again in last 2000 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unbelievable. Same issue here on mine. Funny the tech couldn't find the problem. They were going to email the engineers and get back to me. That was last week. I'll be having a conversation with the service department at my local dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem of the airbag message appearing on my EVIC very sporadically. I just checked the fuse panel and sure enough, the funky yellow airbag fuse holder wasn't seated all the way. I went over all the fuses and relays and gave them a little push for good measure. Hopefully this does the trick.

Good find, guys!

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
My buddy just had the same issue....It was an air bag sensor......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Make sure the plug under the drivers seat is plugged in all the way. That will fix it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts