DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to figure out how I'm going to use my Airlift 1000 bags with my RCX 6" kit when I get it. My first thought was building my own spacer out of steel or getting some UHMW plastic and glue it together to make a large spacer. Finally I decided to do a google search to see what might come up and this popped up. Airlift Lock N Lift. They are essentially exactly what I was thinking of building and will work perfectly.

http://www.airliftcompany.com/products/other/lock-n-lift

http://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Air-Lift/AL52150.html

Just wondering if there's any guys out there using these. Any experience you have with them would be appreciated. I'm also open to opinions/suggestions on what else to do to solve this problem if you have any ideas.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
No experience on these and its pretty cool
But you can still use your airlift 1000 kit.
The way the airlift works is it compresses outwards so that the spring/coil does not have the ability to collapse.
The only problem is there will be a few coils not covered on a lifted truck, so those exposed ones will collapse.
The few members that I know with it, drop about 1/2" with weight in the bed or pulling a trailer.
1/2" is not bad at all.
But this kit you have in the attachment is great and we will be adding it to our site tomorrow

·
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... Honestly I didn't know that's the way the Airlifts worked... I thought they were helping hold up the frame in from the rear diff. Are you sure that's not right?.... I might have to go under there and check when they're inflated now to see exactly how they work....

Awesome, if you guys are adding them to the site I'll definitely order them through you when ready.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Hmm... Honestly I didn't know that's the way the Airlifts worked... I thought they were helping hold up the frame in from the rear diff. Are you sure that's not right?.... I might have to go under there and check when they're inflated now to see exactly how they work....

Awesome, if you guys are adding them to the site I'll definitely order them through you when ready.
Positive.
Called and spoke to 2 different techs are AirLift late last year.
Those members I know who run this (after providing the info) have confirmed this to be the case.
Again, it will keep what ever coils it covers from compressing. Those that aren't covered will of course compress/collapse. So you will get 1/2" sag but not the 3-4" you get without them. Of course depending on weight you place in the bed or what you're towing

·
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm.... interesting. I think I might still get the spacers just for peace of mind. They're cheap enough that it's not a big deal anyway.... How much am I looking at to get them through Bully's?

·
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:

Ordered these spacers from Andrew a couple weeks ago and got them installed over the weekend. Had to do a little bit of modding to make them work the way I intended them too (cut the lock tabs off the top and bottom spacer) and then I had to drill out the center hole for the bag to go up into properly. Other than that they work great, exactly as I wanted them too.

I got the kit for a 6" lift (even though RCX only lifts the back 4.5") but I did end up using all 6" of the spacers. It just fit better IMO and will keep everything nice and tight.

The one issue I ran into was my airline length... when I first installed the kit I wasn't intending to put them through a 6" spacer before the bag so it was a little challenging getting them hooked up with very little play room.

6" Lift N Lock Spacers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts