DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I use the remote start on my 2016 Dodge Ram 3500, the alarm goes off. Also now my battery is dead if I don’t use my truck within 24hrs. Is this related? What should I do?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Is the remote start aftermarket? The usual life span of a battery it 5 years so it may be bad. Have it load tested.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My battery lasted exactly 5 years. I agree test the battery. Low battery could cause weird stuff to happen.

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
118 Posts
When I use the remote start on my 2016 Dodge Ram 3500, the alarm goes off. Also now my battery is dead if I don’t use my truck within 24hrs. Is this related? What should I do?
My 2011 charger RT always did the same thing. Battery was not the cause (I changed the car battery and the remote batteries), and no matter if I unlocked the car before remote start or not it still sounded the alarm. I never found the cause and neither did my service department. My 2019 Ram however, works just fine without setting off the alarm. Weird.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the remote start aftermarket? The usual life span of a battery it 5 years so it may be bad. Have it load tested.
It was all on their brand new from the dealership. My challenger did weird things until I changed the battery as well, so thank you it won’t hurt to test it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 2011 charger RT always did the same thing. Battery was not the cause (I changed the car battery and the remote batteries), and no matter if I unlocked the car before remote start or not it still sounded the alarm. I never found the cause and neither did my service department. My 2019 Ram however, works just fine without setting off the alarm. Weird.
Ya I noticed this morning that the blue light to the alarm flickers every now and then as if it is shorting out momentarily, but who’s to say it is not the weak battery...there are two batteries in that truck though so hopefully it is simpler (cheaper) than replacing the two.

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
118 Posts
Ya I noticed this morning that the blue light to the alarm flickers every now and then as if it is shorting out momentarily, but who’s to say it is not the weak battery...there are two batteries in that truck though so hopefully it is simpler (cheaper) than replacing the two.
That's a good point, always worth a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts