DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500, and I'm having issues with the alarm. It wasn't happening until after the purchase. The dealership only gave me a key, no keyless entry FOB. Every time I go to unlock the doors via the drivers side door, the alarm goes off until I start the ignition. Can ya'll offer any help with this issue? It's rather annoying to me, and probably my neighbors. Thanks!

·
Registered
678 Posts
I recently bought a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500, and I'm having issues with the alarm. It wasn't happening until after the purchase. The dealership only gave me a key, no keyless entry FOB. Every time I go to unlock the doors via the drivers side door, the alarm goes off until I start the ignition. Can ya'll offer any help with this issue? It's rather annoying to me, and probably my neighbors. Thanks!
Assuming the dealership was a Dodge/Chrysler dealership, you may be able to have them get/make you a key FOB and then program it to your vehicle. I'm not sure if you're able to do that with the OE FOB's, but I know that you can order 'aftermarket' ones and either have them programmed to your vehicle, or DIY. I haven't had this done personally, so I can't say with any certainty how it works.

Another thing you might be able to try is getting on this Dodge page, and going to live chat, ask them what to do about a missing key FOB. I've had good luck with Dodge and Chrysler live chat, they try their hardest to answer your questions.

Good luck! :smileup: Let us know what happens, I'd imagine that this issue is probably getting old really fast.
And hey! If you haven't already, be sure to stop by Newbie Checkin, so the Z can give you a proper greeting too! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts