DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone wants HID's for there trucks (heads or fogs) I have a few kits available.

Right now I have 4 complete heads & fog (6000K) kits, all plug and play with the cann bus ballasts. I've had my set in my truck since Sept/11 with no issues.

I will even install them (locally) if needed (takes less than 30mins) I have had a few members ask about mine, and i have a friend here in the city that is a distributor, so he's graciously let me have a few kits at my place incase anyone wants to purchase a set.

pm me if interested.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Do they make high-wattage fog light HID kits? None of this street legal stuff. I have 150W bulbs in the fogs right now, would like something as bright or more that doesn't work the battery so hard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,new to the forums so I can't pm you,I'm interested in the hids(heads and fogs)could you pm me the cost to buy and install them,also could you tell where you picked up the plasti dip.

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey, im new and cant pm you but if you wanna pm me or email me at [email protected] (old...) with some prices and where you are located at and whatnot. Im in Saskatchewan but have always been intrigued by HID's. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
So I take it these kits are for the Quad lights since you have the sport premium like mine. To far a drive or I'd be at your doorstep getting a set if these installed tomorrow. Curious what are you selling these for ? I do make a couple of trips (flights) a year to Calgary to visit with Family.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
hey guys, so the kits I have are for the quad lamp setup. These kits are completely plug and play, NO wiring harness and include the can bus ballasts.

Keep in mind guys, these are not cheap ebay kits. The fogs are $220 and the heads are $280. Install is as simple as putting in the bulb and plugging in the ballast to the bulb and the oem harness. That is it.

I'm not wanting any profit form these, I have been running the same brand kit in my Challenger since 2009 and my wifes fj since 2010. To be completely transparent, I got my kit for free as I was one of the first guys to run this kit, so I was a guinea pig so to speak.

I offer the free install cause I have it down to a science, 30 mins max. These are REALLY simple to install.

I can ship to anyone in Canada if they want, all you have to have is a little mechanical inclination.

I will have pics tomorrow of the intsall as I'm outfitting 2 local members with kits.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
here are some of todays install pics, I pulled a few to give you an idea of what you are looking at.

Start off by removing the 2 screws from the front, and the lock from inside the wheel well.

Remove the cap from the headlight housing and remove the oem bulb

I used a dremel to grind down some of the tabs, about a 1inch in diameter, and then drill a hole in the center and dremel out a 1inch hole and pull through the rubber seal

Twist in the bulb and connect the ballast to the oem plug and that's it

The fogs are simple, just unplug the connector, twist out the oem bulb, twist in the new bulb and plugging the ballast to the bulb and oem connector, very simple really.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hope that helps a few of you, I have 6000K kits (heads & fogs) for the quad headlamps, I can get 8000K bulbs for heads only.

I can get kits for the dual headlamp guys as well, these are a hi/lo kit.

anyways, I hope all that info helps, the kits are EXTREMELY well built, and again I have no issues helping out with installing them for anyone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks, now i visualise it really is simple, will upgrade in the future, maybe ill meet up with you at Castrol raceway sometime and get a kit off you then.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
So I am here in Calgary for personal reasons. Anyway, about these HIDS, are they a boxed kit and what is the name of the manufacturer ? I am here until Saturday however tied up today and tomorrow. If I were to pick these up it would have to be on Saturday morning sometime. I am in the South East in Cranston. Any chance you could PM me pic of the product, need to know if I can fit them in my luggage. Please PM me with details so I can decide and let you know if I can swing it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the boxes are small enough to fit in your luggage for sure, they are boxed and ready to go , call me on my cell as I'm lietrally 1 community over form you in McKenzie town and have a cpmplete kit here for you if you need.

403-828-3289

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
the boxes are small enough to fit in your luggage for sure, they are boxed and ready to go , call me on my cell as I'm lietrally 1 community over form you in McKenzie town and have a cpmplete kit here for you if you need.

403-828-3289
I am so depressed right now, I left for the airport at 2pm yesterday and was busy saying goodbye to my Family. I kept checking and checking for a response from you the last being around 10am because I had to pick up my Mom who lives in (get this) McKenzie town !!!! I did not have time to check again after that due to packing and picture taking etc.etc. I will be back hopefully in June sometime for a few days, hopfully you will still be able to get them.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts