DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, anyone thought about doing a group 'run what you bring' trip to Castrol raceway to see what sort of 1/4 mile runs we can do. in 2wd mode with traction control off of course:naughty:

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
The first of the JB's Street Legals is on Friday April 27 and run every Friday through the summer. I will be trying to make as many of these as possible with the ALX club, and a few of the guys will be towing vehicles up and MAY try to have a truck run off every so often just for giggles. If you show up on the Friday's you'll have a chance to run any street legal vehicle, you just have to have all the required safety equipment for your regular/expected ET.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The first of the JB's Street Legals is on Friday April 27 and run every Friday through the summer. I will be trying to make as many of these as possible with the ALX club, and a few of the guys will be towing vehicles up and MAY try to have a truck run off every so often just for giggles. If you show up on the Friday's you'll have a chance to run any street legal vehicle, you just have to have all the required safety equipment for your regular/expected ET.
:smiley_thumbs_up: I still got mybhemet from my UK track days so should be good for a run I guess, Maybe i'll see you there.:Hey:

·
Registered
738 Posts
you know I'll be there with both vehicles, plan on doin ALOT of runnin this year with the car and the truck hahaha

I also have a gopro with a GOOD professional mount if anyone wants to borrow it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Rimbey should also be open this summer for 1/4 mile racing.

·
Registered
491 Posts
They've always had dirt racing, now 1/4 mile. All the engineering stuff is done and the base for the track. Just have to pave it once the ground is thawed. Here's a link to their website:

http://www.caraceways.ca/

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Yeah Chris, I had the misfortune of spending 5 months living at the Rimbey Grand Hotel (if ever a place was misnamed...) and there were a few tractor pulls done out there.

If all goes according to plan we should be having our annual shoot-outs on the 1/4 mile drag strip in July.
I never knew they were putting a 1/4 mile in there, sweet! This could shave 3 hours of driving if they get it open by July!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I don't think Rimbey is very far from Castrol in Leduc when driving from Calgary.

·
Registered
2019 Ram Sport 4x4 Electric blue
564 Posts
i prolly wont run the truck very often but my Retta will get ALOT of use this year i think...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Got any pics of the GTZ? My buddy had one when we were teenagers. We blew the head gasket 3 times in one year doing burnouts. Very fun and fast car even in stock form. I wish GM took more risks like when that car first came out.

·
Registered
564 Posts
sure...

this was a year ago before the tear down/rebuild...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Finally the finish line in sight for C.A.R *pun intended*
Not that its far to head to Leduc from Red Deer, but i'm lookin forward to a strip closer to home :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
564 Posts
My brother had a GTZ for years, color matched wheels and all. Most uncomfortable thing ever to ride in the back of from Vancouver to Calgary :LOL:
lol backseat can get a bit uncomfortable on long drives..

Ive already swapped a 3400 into the car, doing a 5 spd swap on it right now, trying atleast... and doing all the brake/suspension brand new, new wheels/tires as well..

ANNNND.... NITROUS!! MUAHHAHA!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Castrol in Edmonton is a freakin sweet track, VERY well maintained, that's the only place I run the car at.
X2

There's about 4-5 of us with Hemi Rams out there on a regular basis,
I have several Viper Truck (VTCOA) bud's too. its a Blast!

and if you like old Mopars' ...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hopefully I'll have time for a few trips up to Castrol this summer. Especially since Race City has now been bulldozed.

·
Registered
564 Posts
there is a new track in the works for just outside of calgary that will be accommodate race classes all the way up to NASCAR!!!

i actually work with one of the guys who is heading up the project

1 - 20 of 22 Posts